GBGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think Tank

3 posters

Go down

Think Tank Empty Think Tank

Post  TinyTron Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Well one of the thoughts behind this section is brainstorming so I thought there should be a post for it. Post here any ideas on Campaigns, character plots, or even side adventures the Dungeon Masters can use when they get stuck on where to go next. Things to keep it all smooth and add some fun to the mix.

I'll go first as a starter.

1. An All Magic campaign. Don't think I've seen anything where we're all the same class. Generally the same type (melee, stealth, meat-shield).

2. Make up character sheets with full back grounds then give them to the DM to hand out randomly among the members. See what you can do with someone else' idea.

3. More use of the Book of Erotic Fantasy. We crack enough jokes about it.
TinyTron
TinyTron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Think Tank Empty Re: Think Tank

Post  maydayncs Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 pm

I like the second idea, could lead to some interesting results. However I must fight your third idea. In a group of nearly all guys, there is very little room for erotic fantasy. Unless of course people agree on a possibly awkward bonding experience.

maydayncs

Back to top Go down

Post  TinyTron Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:35 am

There's more in that book than just sexual escapades among the players. There are classes as well as special items and feats not in the other books. Not to mention other things for amusing deaths in combat.
TinyTron
TinyTron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  maydayncs Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Amusing deaths are always good lol

maydayncs

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakin Omega Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:06 am

Point two is a good idea, perhaps good for a short campaign, been thinking of doing some for maybe the background of the world to give it more life.

Book of Erotic, I'll start reading more into it and see what I can torment you guys with. I like the spell section of course, need I say more. The only problem, is how much into that book do we want to go.

Drakin Omega
Admin

https://gbga.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TinyTron Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:10 am

Well it's real simple. They're characters, not us. They've their own thoughts, feelings, and ambitions. So tinkering with the book is just shits and giggles for amusement. I'll abide the consensus of the group on how in-depth to go in regards to Book of Erotic.
TinyTron
TinyTron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TinyTron Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:50 pm

So that's MayDay and Drakin with an upnod for the second idea. What about Ninja and Caustio, what are your thoughts?

On the first idea, Drakin brough up the Red Wizards of...Thay? Or Thule? Have to look at the book since I don't remember the region off the top of my head. Anyway it was for all the characters being of same class.

And, not sure how everyone feels on this, but since we're online now, what is everyone's thoughts on publishing the campaigns as stories just here on the site? take notes every week, just update as the campaign progresses. Bit late to start it with the one we're doing now I know, just a thought. Might even help us all remember what happened during a previous gaming session in case it extends to a month or more between gaming.
TinyTron
TinyTron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TinyTron Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Just to share, a friend of mine sent me The World's Largest Dungeon on a pdf file. Maps included. I've seen the actual book, it's collegiate textbook size. 857 pages. More than enough to take a group from Level 1 to 20 before you even see the end.
TinyTron
TinyTron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum