GBGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somethings That Still Needs Done

3 posters

Go down

Somethings That Still Needs Done Empty Somethings That Still Needs Done

Post  Caustio Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Now the last time this was posted it was pretty much ignored, so I am posting it here.
This is something that need to be done! Also the Group banner emblem needs to be
decided on so we can get it drawn up, scanned in, re-sized to fit, and then made. The
Emblem also needs to be decided on for the Dice Bags. If you guys do not feel any of
this is important enough to take care of PLEASE Let me know so that I can call Tracy
and let him know that the GBGA WILL NOT be a Chapter in the Knights Templar's.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST IF FOR OR OPPOSED IN ANY PART!!!!!!!!!

Gentlemen Bastards
Code of Conduct

1. Have Fun
2. Time. We all know time is critical for everyone. Days and times of game
sessions will vary this is unavoidable, what is avoidable is last
minute time changes. Saying that every job gives a work
schedule at least a week in advance so please notify some one
of a change in the time you are available as soon as possible. If
you need someone to play your character ask. All Core
Members are well versed in playing multiple Characters
at once, and other members are encouraged to learn how to
do this if they don't already.
3. Deleted
4. Deleted

The above is Subject to change before it is fully endorsed by the GBGA. Please post here what changes you feel are needed in order for this to be accepted.

Last edited by Caustio on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caustio
Caustio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Somethings That Still Needs Done Empty Re: Somethings That Still Needs Done

Post  TinyTron Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:48 pm

First off, the last posting of this "Code of Conduct" was not ignored. There are posts in that other thread stating items needed to be discussed, and you were reprimanded for deliberately posting it AFTER being asked NOT to. This could have been discussed on Saturday as we were gaming when you posted it. The Knights Templar situation WILL be discussed at a time when all members can get to gether and peacefully discuss it at length. The last few times were ill omened and ill timed due to unresolved conflict and Nate coming in town to visit. This coming Wednesday is the current evening for Gaming, game time set around 11p.m. If there any questions, you are free to contact, myself or Scott, the two current GMs.

It has also been agreed by Scott, Frodo, and myself that this "just come and get me when you guys are ready' attitude needs to stop. Gaming takes place in one of two places and the last few times that I have offered gaming at my place has been AFTER Mel agreed to it and the banishment gets a lift. Don't show up, we go on without you on the expection that you'll show up when you're ready/able to do so.

Second, when you create a code of conduct, the first thing mentioned SHOULD NOT be telling others to be respectful. That just makes the group as a whole sound like a bunch of assholes and states loud and clear that the entire group has problems with showing respect. The very first item SHOULD be everyone is there to have FUN and relax. Code of Conduct, is just that. A list of expected behavior for the group as a whole. Have fun, relax, and play nice with the other children.

Now this is just me speaking, respect is EARNED not given. You can be nice and polite to someone but if they haven't earned your respect, there's no reason to give it to them. Respect is earned through actions. Not words. If your actions are disrespectful, dishonest, or underhanded then respect will not be earned. Like a reputation, once destroyed it takes years of hard, honest, work to get it back.

4. a. G.B. Rankings. There are 3 Stages to the Gentlemen Bastards Group.
A. The Gaming Group - You game with everyone else and give
input, but are not involved with the final decision making
process.
B. Gentlemen Bastard - You game with everyone, give input and help
with the Final decision making process.
C. The Gentlemen Bastards Core - The Core are the Group of like
minded individuals who Founded the Gentlemen Bastards.
They are: Scott, Frodo, Nate, Wilson, and Charles. Of which
3 are still active local members, 1 has left us for a while.
and 1 is active but lives out of the area, But all are free to come
and go as they chose with out losing their status. The Core
Hold the right to over rule the majority vote if they feel it
(is/would be) in the best interest of the whole Group.
4. b. Progression. To get into Group A you need to be invited. To get into
Group B you need to be voted in by Group C with input by
Group B. Sorry Group C is closed at this time.

This entire section I've highlighted from your post needs to be discussed with the group as a whole because it is inaccurate and belongs on a separate page of the Gentleman Bastards' Manifesto, not on the Code of Conduct page. The "Core", if such a term is agreed upon by the ACTIVE Gentleman Bastards, are Scott, Frodo, Charles, Race, Wilson, and Nate. The Founders are Wilson, Charles, Frodo, Scott, Nate, and Alpha.

The current Gentleman Bastards Gaming Group is comprised of Lydia, Melinda, Charles, Frodo, Scott, Jimmy, Race, Jimmy, and Wilson.

Active Gentleman Bastards Members are Race, Nate, Scott, Frodo, Wilson, and Charles.

3.Problem Solving. If a problem arises between Members of the gaming
group (weather it be Group A, B, or C) all members of The
Gentlemen Bastards agree to sit down and try to resolve it
peacefully. If it can not be then the Core have the right to step
in and resolve it. Above all Keep it in the Group!!

The individuals involved in the dispute should be excluded from all voting though their sides will be heard. This includes members of C. But the Core are not the Founders. When rules are made they must apply to EVERY member or there is no point in making them. The only issues between members of the gaming group that should warrant involvement of other members are incidents that could influence gaming as a whole. If it has nothing to do with gaming, it should be dealt with outside of the group. We all have our own lives and own problems to deal with, to bring others into the dispute just makes the entire issue out of control. If the issue is minor just drop it. All of this was discussed and agreed on at the last BIG meeting of the Gentleman Bastards shortly after your self imposed hiatus.
TinyTron
TinyTron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Somethings That Still Needs Done Empty Answer

Post  Caustio Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Sir Yes Sir! Changes have been implemented Sir!
Caustio
Caustio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TinyTron Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Example:
Gentleman Bastard's Code of Conduct
HAVE FUN. This is why we're all here. To be with friends and play games everyone can enjoy.

Egos clash. This is an unfortunate reality of the trade. Just remember that despite differences, everyone has thoughts and feelings just like you do. Be polite, courteous, make sure your words or actions won't be taken as offensive. A 5 second delay to filter everything can go for miles in preventing feelings from being hurt.

Ask. If there is something taking place in-game that you don't understand or need clarified, don't hesitate to ask the others. No one is expected to remember everything.

Play with Everyone. Players should not go out of their way to avoid other members just because of personal differences. At each session, everyone should leave differences and grudges at the door so all can have fun and relax. Gaming isn't about the individual. It's about the GROUP.

Time.We all know time is critical for everyone and sessions will vary. What everyone wants to avoid are last minute changes. Most occupations, barring laid off/on-call, gives a schedule at least a week in advance, so please notify someone of a change if possible. If you need someone to play your character ask. Most members are well versed in playing multiple personalities at once as a few perhaps have their own. Just Kidding. If a person cannot make the schedule time just call the GM and let him or her know, something can be worked out that doesn't disrupt the story.

HAVE FUN. This can't be expressed enough. Bring your dice, your good luck tokens, and jump in without hesitation.
TinyTron
TinyTron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Somethings That Still Needs Done Empty Post Reply

Post  Pookies023 Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey.. read ur post.. its kinda up to everyone else. good luck with the decision!! Very Happy
Pookies023
Pookies023

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.425780441985.215639.573

Back to top Go down

Post  Caustio Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Pookies023 wrote:Hey.. read ur post.. its kinda up to everyone else. good luck with the decision!! Very Happy

As a member you have a say also
Caustio
Caustio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Somethings That Still Needs Done Empty *reply*

Post  Pookies023 Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:17 am

Well.. its super late and I am still up and have another post to read. Whatever people decide on, I am happy. Just trying to go with the flow. And as for the ego clashing, I get it. However, there have been lots of problems that I thought were discussed and dealt with. I may not be an active member, but it sounds like there are some unresolved feelings among individuals. The golden rule is "do unto others as you would do upon yourself". Idk if that makes sense, but cant we all just get along? Lets move passed this. We are all adults here.. Its time to fogive and forget. Lets move onto bigger and better things... YAAY Team!! I respect everyone in this group and I have a different relationship with all of you. However, this does hinder a lot of things. This "code of conduct" seems to be a big problem.. I may bring this up to Scott, and I understand the group as a whole. However, things just seem to be divided and the only two people who are neutrel is Scott and Frodo. Agree or disagree. I dont care. But we all know its true. Melinda stands by Race's decisons and Race stands by Melinda's decisions. They respect each others decisions as they should. I usually have my own voice and sometimes don't always agree with what Scott does, but Scott is an intelligent person, and I respect his decisions. I believe that the only things Scott and Frodo wanna do is game and have fun doing it with friends. So, please.. can the drama stop and we all move on..
Pookies023
Pookies023

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.425780441985.215639.573

Back to top Go down

Post  TinyTron Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 am

Actually those were discussed there were miscommunications on all sides. The no visit Lou's thing was from Randy. He felt disrespected because Raphael played with the ceramic bunnies. In my initial response, Charles thought I was talking down to him because of one sentence in the first paragraph, etc.
TinyTron
TinyTron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum